You may be wondering, “What happens at my child’s first dental exam?” When you begin taking your child to the pediatric dentist at a young age, you will set your child up for a healthy dental behaviors that continue on throughout their life. Your first dental visit for your child to Anchorage Pediatric Dentistry should be scheduled upon the eruption of the first tooth or no later than your child’s first birthday.
- Gaining knowledge about your child’s oral health and their growth and development
- A plan for your home including information about proper nutrition, brushing and flossing.
- a caries risk evaluation for your child and information about Early Child Caries and how to avoid them.
- Information about preventing injuries to the mouth and teeth.
- How pacifiers and thumb sucking can affect your child’s development.
If you are currently a family that sees us here at Anchorage Pediatric Dentistry or you haven’t established a pediatric dental practice for your child, please call us today at (907)562-1003 to set up a first dental exam today!